Thursday, June 9, 2011

Book Structure

I want to get a feel for community opinions on this page and the structural outline described below.

The below page would appear after the credits page. As always, click for full view.



It will be the only page that is not contained within a chapter. It will be followed by Chapter 1, which is a setting summary to set the tone of the book. Chapter 2 is character creation. Chapter 3 is equipment. And so on.

I feel that this is arguably the most important page in the entire book. It's placement ensures it is the most likely to be read and it's content is perhaps the most important. It conveys to the noob reader what the book is and to the veteran reader how the game works at a basic level. I suspect many people will make their decision about whether to play the game based on this page more than any other page.

So I want to get it right.

Can I get your thoughts?


P.S. The below image is for Peter Kovalsky. It shows the same page with a Left Justify alignment. As you can see, the middle paragraph of the left column looks.... off. At least it does to me. How can I use Left Justify and not have this occur, Peter? Keep in mind, I hate hyphens. I almost always see words split bizarrely and it pisses me off. Cheers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment