Thursday, June 9, 2011
Poor Dylan
I had to run out to the Publix tonight to grab some milk for my kids. I got in line and was shortly flanked by a dude and his girlfriend. At least, I assume she was his girlfriend based on how she talked to him. They looked to be still in high school.
She was really berating him about how she "couldn't believe!" that he didnt hear he commands yelled from halfway across the store and how she "couldn't believe!" he would act like that and just disregard her speaking to him. "How could you!"
Is this really an appropriate reaction to someone not being able to hear what you said to them? Geez
I came a hair's breadth from turning around and saying "This is just like you Dylan. Why can't you be perfect like I want you to be". I failed by brass balls check though. This girl looked pretty pissed and I didn't want to get kicked in the nuts or something.
I do find it disturbing that where it used to be acceptable for a man to publicly berate a woman, now the tables have turned. I am increasingly seeing this happen to men in public. I believe Bill Maher and Louis CK have quite a few bits on the subject as well.
Why can't equality mean that nobody gets treated like shit?
Just a thought.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment