Every time I go around begging for art permissions for my book, I come to the inevitable conclusion that Artists may be, quite simply, the best people on earth. I almost never have a negative interaction with them. They are supportive and generous people and I can't thank them enough for what they do.
I sent out a few permissions requests last night for the Devil's Fork. I have already gotten permission for:
- A humanoid quasi-turtle swamp monster thing
- A clever saytr
- A horned demon
- A huge monster that kinda looks like a possessed tapir
- Two undead knights
- A blackguard
- A giant snake sneaking up on a guy
- A skeleton that looks like it could be intelligent
- An outsider looking guy (kinda like an Aasimar) with an outsider mount of some kind (looks like some kind of angry sheep-ox hybrid)
- A truly twisted looking vampire child
- A Lich
- A humanoid bird man in tribal kit
- A twisted looking old man/gnome dude with little teeth protruding from his lips
- A really unique looking undead knight, with a kind of smooth unnatural skin
- A bowl-haircut knight that looks like he has fallen from grace
- A Drow Mage
- A guy that looks like Artemis Entreri... but with a kind of mountain man feel
- A sword-and-shield goblin, classic look
- A Blackguard with a kind of evil executioner feel to him
Zak has mentioned in the past that people should let the artists create the character's look and then the writer should write using it as an inspiration, instead of the writer giving strong direction to the artists. I couldn't agree more.
I am going to really enjoy writing about this crazy menagerie of NPCs and monsters.

No comments:
Post a Comment