Friday, April 15, 2011
The Fatal Shore
I have been a little sick as of late. Lets just say I have been spending a lot of time on the toilet. I will spare you the details. :)
Anyway, I have now read a good portion of this book as a result. It is FANTASTIC. Holy crap. As far as being an RPG resource, it is a gold mine of epic proportions.
RPG-related Issues:
- The problem of criminality in society and dealing with it
- The problem of extreme distance from the political overlord
- The problem of survival in a difficult environment
- The corrupting influence of power
- The corrupting influence of aristocracy forming around land use
- The way that material disparities magnify racism and social discrimination based on class/status
Seriously, you need to read this book. Really
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment