Saturday, November 1, 2008

Here's me . . .

Borrowed this meme from Sidney over at Sidz6Kidz. Sidney is a new blog friend and I'm coming to think we have way more in common with each passing day.

A is for age: 48.

B is for burger of choice: beef or turkey, with swiss cheese, light on the mayo, sesame seed bun.

C is for the car I drive: 2002 Honda CRV, deep metallic red.

D is for your dog's name: Gideon. You can read about how we came up with his name here.

E is for essential item you use every day: My mouth guard. I'm a big-time nighttime teeth grinder and wouldn't be caught any night without it. Otherwise I'd wake up with teeth the size of mini corn kernels and a killer headache.

F is for favorite TV show at the moment: Lipstick Jungle. I'm mesmerized by the sheer physical perfection of these women. If I could have a pinky finger as perfectly maintaned as one of them, I'd take it.

G is for favorite game: At the moment it's high school football, and all the senses that go with it: the sound of the high school band playing fight songs, the smell of hot dogs and popcorn, the taste of victory!

H is for home state: Maryland where I was born (my true home state). I'm a Balmer (translate: Baltimore) girl at heart. Georgia for where I currently call home.

I is for instruments you play: None. Wish I played the piano 'cause I would so turn any party into a sing-along.

J is for favorite juice: Grapefruit.

K is for whose bum you'd like to kick: Always my own for making some of the STUPID choices I did in my twenties.

L is for last restaurant at which you ate: Los Arcos yesterday when I picked Harleigh up from school and we decided on an early dinner out to gab and catch up on the day.

M is for your favorite Muppet: Kermit.

N is for number of piercings: Two, my earlobes. And since I never wear earrings anymore, I'm not even sure if they've grown over or not.

O is for overnight hospital stays: Tonsillectomy as a child and then when I had Harleigh.

P is for people you were with today: Since I'm doing this on Saturday morning, just me and my little man (not truly a person, but I did talk to him a lot this morning as if he were one).

Q is for what you do with your quiet time: Craft, daydream, read magazines, blog.

R is for biggest regret: Not pursuing some of my life's early passions which would have led me to a career that would make me really happy every day. I have a decent job, but let's face it, trafficking collateral projects for corporate clients isn't archaeology, interior design, or editing my very own magazine.

S is for status: Divorced and happy being me.

T is for time you woke up today: 8:00. Want to be at church by 10:00 for our annual craft fair!

U is for what you consider unique about yourself: I suppose it would be the care and attention I put towards others and other things, but the lack of attention and care I pay to myself physically. I just really don't care about clothes at all. Hair, whatever. Makeup, wear it but not a ton. My weight, it is what it is. Love me on the inside, that's where all the good stuff is.

V is for vegetable you love: Corn on the cob.

W is for worst habit: Chewing and picking the skin around my thumb nails. It's gross.

X is for x-rays you've had: Too many mammograms to count. My teeth for my annual check-up.

Y is for yummy food you ate today: Scrambled eggs.

Z is for zodiac: Virgo.

No comments:

Post a Comment