Monday, August 31, 2009

Warning: Caution*****DANGER****step away from the rant

Disclaimer:

I apologize in advance if you don't like what you are about to read. I am normally a nice...well...I am normally a reasonable, woman. :D But today, I don't really want to be PC.

The Rant:

I am a studio designer. These are my questions as I read a blog that I really like, but was thrown off because she is knocking studio and home based designers.

What if I don't want to have a bucket shop?
What if I do and I just can't afford it now in this economy?
What if retail space is almost $10k in my area?
Does this make me less of a designer than you?
What if I freelance for other studios and floral shops and I like working my own events and want to set my own hours.
What if I charge $100 for my basic bridal bouquets, and you charge $300..should I adjust? Or should you?
What if I have worked for bucket shops and their stuff is garbage and they hire me to do some stuff that I can't put my name on or document because they get the cred?
What if I my flowers were published but I couldn't get the cred because I was technically working for studio and moonlighting at the same time?
What if I am better in my baby stages than you are in your 10th or 16th year?
What if your business model sucks and you aren't competitive because of your overhead and it sucks to be you right now?
What if, hehe, what if you can't be competitive because you pay other designers to make your designs because you and your flowers are dated....

*sigh* that was the one that made me feel better to type.

So now I'm coming back to happy land.

Just do me a favor, don't knock our hustle.
You don't know what we are up to, but we are coming. :)
Hitting publish before I change my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment