Saturday, March 26, 2011

Rebecca Black - Friday

You may have heard of the new Internet sensation, Friday by Rebecca Black. If you hear the song and see the music video, you will see why it is an Internet sensation. The lyrics to the song are incredibly...stupid. The video is goofy. I feel sorry for Rebecca. All of the Internet is mocking her and making parodies of her video. The funny thing about the video is she is serious about it. I will provide a link so you can watch the video. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0

Jack Fifer
Mrs. Cross comments:
I would have to disagree with you, Jack. I think the song is upbeat and fun. Also, this poor girl is only 13 years only -- I've got to give her credit for braving all of the horribly mean comments being left on YouTube about her video; I'm glad to see a young person with such strong self-confidence. I also didn't think her singing was that bad. The video is funny, I'll grant you that, but it's probably supposed to be humorous. Sadder, I think, is the sheer number of people who are commenting on or making parodies of her video. While I appreciate the literary merit of a parody, I can also say that it's a little pathetic for some lame, time-wasting 20+ year old to spend his or her time mocking a child for her attempts. If you really think about it, this girl has earned TV interview spots and world-wide fame. That's pretty amazing. I was also pretty disturbed by some of the comments she received. What kind of horrible, small-hearted human being tells a 13 year old girl that they hope she gets an eating disorder or that she should cut herself. Miss Black was just trying to bring a little joy to people through a catchy song -- but, rather than appreciating another person's efforts, thousands of people have chosen to belittle her efforts. What is wrong with these people? Sad, just sad. Personally, I say "hats off" to Rebecca Black -- I hope she makes more videos and becomes even more famous. Congratulations to her!

No comments:

Post a Comment