Friday, October 31, 2008

Warm Fuzzy

Aren't there certain vignettes in your home that make you happy just to look at them? I captured one today in a picture. I've blogged many times about the passion and fortitude that I put into getting myself back on my feet after my divorce and finally buying a home. This vignette is a reminder of that rough journey paying off. The place where we drop off our keys at the end of the day, and pluck them up in the morning. Where my binoculars hang, so that I can grab them on a whim and sit on my patio and watch the birds. The keyholder itself is a picket fence, reminiscent of my backyard. This vignette speaks to me of constancy. And all it is is a few pieces of wood with hooks and a picture above it. And if that's all it takes to make me happy, then I'm in a pretty darn good place.

No comments:

Post a Comment