Thursday, January 22, 2009

Puppy Love Tag Swap — Tag 3: Dear Diary . . .


My third tag (see two posts below for links to the swap I'm participating in) is made from the cover of an old diary I bought at a flea market a year or two ago. What speaks of puppy love better than the one place we young girls knew we could retreat to and pour out our hearts.

I ripped the cover off, leaving the jagged edge intact (as opposed to cutting it to a clean edge). I glued on a piece of white satin ribbon, tying it at the bottom with a diary key and a heart-shaped locket. For the "vase" I used part of the plastic vial that those eyeglass repair kits come in. Added a piece of lace, some off-white silk roses, and glued the whole thing on to look like a wall pocket vase.

For the reverse side, there's a red heart covering the end of the ribbon where it wraps around from the front. And then some scrapbooking buttons add to the vintage feel.

I hope Velma would be OK with me using her diary to make this tag!

No comments:

Post a Comment