Wednesday, February 25, 2009

This is why I need a craft room

My little cottage study has become an overgrown "garden" of baubles, ribbons, beads and such. It IS the time to carve out a space for my crafting that will not make our main living area look like a bomb went off in a Michaels.

I have plastic bins on the floor, my charming built-in bookcases are housing tubs of shells instead of reading material, my in-progress ribbon organizing has the study dresser drawer overflowing, and my beautiful maple drop-leaf table might as well be a piece of plywood resting on sawhorses what with all the crap strewn on it.

The migrating of the crafts to the rumpus room begins in earnest this weekend. I want my peaceful study back. My reading chair, once a place to read and relax, is now a perch for when I'm rifling through millinery flowers or thumbing through my craft binders in a mad frenzy to find a particular inspirational picture. Or worse yet, it's a chair where I attempt to read and relax, only to look around me and see all the crafting projects that I need to be working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment