Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I Love Making Dish Towels!


 I Love making dish towels. These are one of my very favorite things to make. I find all the fun patterns for quilts and put them on my towels.



 You always start with the flower sack towels. I like these best because if you iron them, fold in half and try with a bow it looks for pretty for giving away. (You will see at the bottom of this post.)



 On this batch of towels I decided I really didn't want to stitch the letters that I wanted above the design. So I used my computer and made iron ons. I did the same thing with my blog logo and put it on the back corner. They look just like I do this all the time.....LOL



Next I love to crochet the bottoms just to make them a little more special. And it gives me something to do when we are watching a movie.



I like to do the first row on some with white
so it blends in and then the colors look like lace.



And its always fun to use more than 1 color! Now just tie with a ribbon and slide a wooden spoon in and you are done. I would give the pickle one with a jar of my pickled veggies.



This one you could give with a mixing bowl and all the makings for a cake.



This one could go with a bag of corn from "Farmer's Market".


 With a Dinner for a sick friend.



I just LOVE to make dish Towels!


No comments:

Post a Comment