Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Blue Wedding

Yay! I found my camera : )
So here's the blue story from start to end.

{Enjoy}


I went to the Flower Market at the 5am to pick flowers, come home and get them ready. Here they are in the their buckets drinking water.



The Pomanders
Getting started sticking carnations in one by one in floral foam and chicken wire.
If you are making pomanders you can drop me an email and I can give you step by step instructions if you like but the pictures are pretty self explanatory.

Almost done............
Pin detail- I mentioned in an earlier post it took about 70-80 flowers and pins.


Jars that the pomanders will go in at the reception. The middle bow looks lower because for some reason the pomander sits differently in that particular jar so I kept having to lower the bow.


This is the end result



This is the sweetheart table and then when the ceremony was over, the small arrangements were placed on either side and the candles lit.
These and all the other votives were lined with matching ribbon to give it a little more detail.
Glue gun, clear glass votives and a whole lot of patience.




Bride gets first dibs on the best of the bunch, then the BM bouquets.
{excuse the bottles in the background, I use distilled water for my flowers}

Here they are sitting in water ready to go.
The little one on the end is the toss bouquet so she doesn't have to throw hers.




I delivered them at her house at about 1pm.





Here is a close up of the bridemaids bouquet.
The bride and her ladies.



I just adore this picture of her.
I was standing in the bushes practically so I could be out of the way and still watch from a distance. I wanted to be able to approximately time when the ceremony was over and as I looked on I noticed the bride standing there looking lovely as she waited to walk down the aisle.

The boutonnières and corsages were made...all 14 sets.




Grooms Boutonnières, I made him two:
one for the pictures and one to replace the bout that gets destroyed by *hugs*


Here are the large arrangements.
Why yes that is my fuzzy pink slipper making a cameo, its after all about 2am Friday night at this point.






The small arrangements that will sit atop the alter, then again on top of the sweetheart table at the reception.




Here is part of the set up of the alter.

The two small arrangements are supposed to adorn the two top corners, however, it was EXTREMELY windy that day in SF. It was unreal and at Golden Gate park is was ridiculously cold and windy so when we initially started to set up the arch it started to sway big time, so I didn't want to risk it toppling over. Can you imagine? Would anybody remember the vows or the stirring sermon the priest delivered? No. But they would sure remember the arch toppling over onto the first row!

Why is my picture tilted? It was on a hill....




And she lived happily ever after....

No comments:

Post a Comment