Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Birthday Gift Gone a Tad Awry

My co-worker and dear friend Courtney (aka "Missy G" or just "G") celebrated a birthday yesterday. I had decided to make her a decoupage plate (a project I've tackled numerous times with much success). Courtney got her Masters from Yale, her thesis done on the subject of color. So I decided to make her a plate using PMS chips (color chips from the Pantone Matching System), since it is a tool of the trade that we, in our industry, use almost every day. I used the actual chips, deciding not to cut off the chip number, and also hole-punched circles from chips.

All was going well until I sprayed the back of the plate. Usually I have no problem with the paint leaking underneath the paper, but in this case it did, big time. (And I even sprayed a clear coat of lacquer first.) I think I will still gift her with the plate, and we'll have a good laugh about my project-gone-awry.

No comments:

Post a Comment