Friday, June 26, 2009

Shower Details

A few details from the shower.

If you do any kind of entertaining, cake stands are the perfect staples. They add height to a table, whether they're displaying a cake, a dip or a salad bowl. This one is glass (and has a dome that I rarely use); I've hot-glued all kinds of trim to the rim, from pink rick rack for a baby shower to this Moroccan-like trim I found at the fabric store. When your event is over, simply pull off the trim (which remains in its usable state) and peel off the glue.
I couldn't find gold utensils that looked like I wanted them to, so I bought clear ones, covered the eating part of the utensil, and spray-painted each one individually. They came out looking shiny and pretty, just like I wanted. Then I glued on the jewels.
I made 60+napkins by finding fabric on sale and ripping 10" x 10" squares. No need to hem them. The unfinished edge worked just fine. By folding and ironing them into "pockets," they made sweet little utensil holders.
For this shower, I knew that Courtney would do amazing flower arrangements, and so I wanted vessels that would compliment but not overpower the arrangements. A trip to the local Indian market produced canned goods and these lovely bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment