Saturday, August 23, 2008

White Slipcovers Are My Friends

Had a bit of anxiousness about dressing my chair and ottoman in white, especially since daughter watches TV in chair (which means lots of feet on cushions, hard leaning on arms of said chair, and eating and drinking while camped in chair), and big dog uses the ottoman as his perch. But I have loved the look of the white slipcovers and so far so good when it comes to wearability. The saving grace was spraying it with Scotchgard, and the ottoman (dog is dirtier than daughter) needs a washing now, but I'm diggin' the look of it.

And I think what I like most about it is that with it being white, I can accessorize it with whatever accent throws I have. Here is one my Nana made. Have always loved ivory and white together, and of course pink flowers look lovely in any setting.

Check back in with me later when Harleigh dribbles chocolate ice cream on the chair and Gideon comes inside from a muddy backyard and makes a bee-line for the ottoman. But for now, all is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment