Saturday, October 24, 2009

Musicals Around the Area

This past weekend, I attended the T-Town musical, Back to the 80's. I absolutely loved it!! The songs were all popular songs from the 80's. Most high school students should know them, and most definitely, their parents. I would highly recommend going.

One comment I have, though, regards their sound system. Most of the actors had head set microphones, but I still had trouble hearing them. I hope this doesn't also occur during our own productions. It just goes to show how important the microphones truly are. At St. Anthony, we have a limited number of personal microphones. I think 8 is our max. With that said, we have an extremely large cast for this upcoming musical, Into the Woods. We need more microphones. "Go out and buy some," most would say. But we aren't supported by the school. All Fine Arts activities (musicals, plays, band, and chorus) are required to find their own money somehow. It's very difficult to have nice equipment and costumes with no money. So, I am using this blog post to advertise for our musical.

Most of our money comes from the night of the performances. We charge for people to view the musical. Last night, at T-Town's musical, the seats were full. Why can't we have the same turnout for our musicals? Support your school and classmates. Take one night on your weekend to come see how much work has been put into the production. It will keep you laughing and crying and on the edge of your seat, I can assure you. Take your significant other, your best friend, or even your grandparents! They will love spending time with you! And best of all, you will be supporting your school!

by Allie Kabbes

No comments:

Post a Comment