Friday, October 30, 2009

"Haunted Walk"

Do you ever get the feeling that your being followed?

Well, being that tonight is the night before Halloween and the night T-Town celebrates "trick-or-treat," I decided to have a little fun. I picked up Lena around 9:30 and we couldn't find a thing to do. Knowing we had friends in T-Town probably hanging out, we drove onto the Main road. We stopped when we saw two of our friends' cars parked alongside the road next to the church. We were curious what they were up to. And then!! we saw a group of junior high kids walking across the lawn next to the church. The great idea of scaring them popped into my head. I talked it over with Lena, and after much deliberation, we agreed to attempt to scare them. After parking, we followed the sound of laughter to a monastery and a screen down. I started making ghost noises. Without any reaction from the kids who apparently did not hear me, I decided I needed to be closer. I stepped closer to the door and "woooooh'ed" again. All of a sudden, the door swung open and I hit the ground running. I didn't stop until I hit the next road. Lena and I were out of breath and laughing by the time we stopped. We had so much fun, we decided to do it again.




This time we took a different approach to the door. On our way there, we saw the same group of kids walking towards us. We hurriedly "hid" in the slide in the park by the monastery. The group walked by and did not see us. I heard one of them say "They were probably just trick-or-treaters." Lena and I got a kick out of this. Then all of a sudden, I hear Lena whisper, "Allie, some old lady is walking right towards us." I slowly moved my head to where I could see what she was talking about. She was right: an older lady looked like she was headed right toward our hiding spot, and before I knew it, poked her head over the edge of the slide. She said to me, "So you're the girl I saw in the purple coat." I smiled and looked at her. She shined a flashlight in my eyes so long I thought I would go blind. She finally turned it off and my vision was restored. We ended up talking for a good ten minutes about what she and the high school students do for the the junior high students at T-Town. I was actually quite impressed. I wish our high school was able to sponsor and chaperon events for the junior high. They would probably really enjoy that. I am graduating this year, but to all those who will still be here next year, here is some food for thought for you!


by: Allie K

No comments:

Post a Comment