Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Day at the Theatre

My previous experiences of Thanksgiving Day in Effingham have been limited. My family and I usually travel to Perryville, MO to visit my mom's family. Due to several conditions, we decided to stay in town this year. After a big brunch, my dad, my brothers, and I went to the Village Square Mall to watch The Blind Side. Honestly, it was probably the most touching and moving movie I have ever watched. I was near tears during the entire movie. I know... I know... I'm a sappy one when it comes to movies, but this one truly touched me.

The Blind Side is a story of a very poor high school boy who is allowed to go to a Christian high school. The story develops as he grows as a student and a person. He has no one, no where to go and no where to stay. He is taken in by a very wealthy family. He is a big boy and goes out for the football team. I don't want to ruin the movie for you, but it was definitely worth my dad's $7.25. It was the best movie I have seen all year, and the best part is that is it based on a true story on the life of Michael Oher. Take a break from the gory, scary movies and try a realistic, moving movie.

Allie Kabbes

No comments:

Post a Comment