Friday, January 29, 2010

How To Save Money: The Easy Way

Every time the weekend comes around I face the same problem: no money... so I have to ask my parents for some and they ask me the same question every time: what did you do with the twenty dollars I gave you last week? I never seem to know where it went. So i decided to find ways to minimize cost without lowering the fun in my weekends. I know some of these sound a little weird, but I promise, the money you will save will add up: trust me.

Step One: Instead of going out, invite your friends over to your house. This is the easiest thing to do if you want to save your cash. think about it: you save the money you would spend on things like gas, food, drinks, etc... This is a pretty basic rule, but it'll help you in the long run.

Step Two: Instead of buying gifts, make gifts. I know most guys don't do this, but this is also one of those no-brainers. you could make a plate of cookies or something instead of buying some at the store. It also looks better because the receiver knew that you had put thought into it.

Step Three: The thirty day rule. This is a system used to see if you really want something or not. It usually applies to the more costly things like video games, cameras, expensive clothes, etc. Once you see the item you want, wait about one month and ask yourself: do you really want it? If you do, buy it. If not, then guess what: you just saved yourself some serious cash!

Step Four: Yard/Garage Sale. This is an easy way to make cash rather than saving it. Yard sales are pretty self-explanatory: gather all the things you don't want, put them out for sale, and watch the cash roll in! It also helps remove clutter from your closets. Remember: One man's trash is another man's treasure, so if you don't want it, sell it!

Step Five: Bringing lunch to school. Whenever we have fish nuggets, I always order some pizza from Domino's. Those pizzas are four dollars each. And don't forget the drink, that's another fifty cents. Now instead of that, I can make a peanut putter and jelly sandwich, get some chips and put it in a bag, and guess how much that'll cost me: absolutely nothing!



Well, you're probably tired of me talking, so I'm going to wrap this up. Saving money is really important and can help you in the future, so learn these tips and hopefully, you'll have more money than you ever thought you could get!


-Jordan Tabbert

No comments:

Post a Comment