Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Cerebral Palsy




Cerebral Palsy is a miscommunication between the brain and the muscles. Many people with have a hard time controlling all the muscles in their body; their outward appearance is a result of this. Many people think that people with Cerebral Palsy are mentally retarded, this is not entirely true. Some people with the disease do have mental retardation and the severity varies from person to person but their are other people that are very smart and live very successful lives. I know a man with Cerebral Palsy that has five college degrees! Miss Iowa, Abbey Curran, came in second runner up at the Miss USA contest and also has Cerebral Palsy.

During my speech I felt that I talked a little fast and wish I would have relaxed and talked slower. I feel that I did a good job in presenting my information to the class but sometimes messed up on pronouncing some words. I could have known my speech a little better so
I could of had better eye contact. Overall I am happy with my speech and the way I presented it.


By: Keri Utz

No comments:

Post a Comment