Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Proof of Concept: Interactive Dungeon Design


I NEED FEEDBACK ON THIS DESIGN RIGHT NOW! I am totally hypervenilating here. Okay, if someone else has already done this in the past, I am going to feel like a total tool here. But I think I came up with some really thick awesome sauce tonight.

So I am calling this an Interactive Dungeon Design. It is a pretty good emulation of a kind of software app that would be awesome to use for RPGs, but probably too costly to implement, using an array of internal hyperlinks.

When you load the PDF, it will show you a map of the whole dungeon. This is page 1. Don't be fooled into thinking the PDF is linear. Swing the mouse around a bit and you will see that the room numbers and the door icons are hyperlinks. The document is intended to be navigated using these instead of actual page flipping. So click on them.

This will jump you to a new page of the PDF, however everything in the background will remain the same so you don't really notice the page change. Instead, boxes of text appear to pop up onto the screen to tell you about what you just clicked on. If you click on another element, it will jump to that element. If you click on any of the empty areas of the background, it will jump you back to the main map (page 1).

JUST GO TO THIS URL AND IT SHOULD WORK FINE IN THE WINDOW

Seriously, I think this is the coolest thing I have developed yet!

Obviously, this is just a proof of concept but the potential here is HUGE!

I need to breathe.................

No comments:

Post a Comment