Thursday, July 21, 2011

Google+ Hangout


Went very well tonight. This has the potential to be totally game-changing for RPGs, I think. Wow...

First time I had ever used video chat. I ran it on my wife's laptop, which I placed right next to my PC. So I could look over and see everyone, then look back to my computer and actually do stuff, send e-mails, etc. I sent them a file while we talked.

They couldn't see my screen, of course, so if it had been an actual game I could have been doing all sorts of shit.

I could have even done some quick work in Photoshop and thrown image files around for everyone to see. Take a map, crop off some parts you don't want to show, throw it back to them. Opens up potential not available even at the table without clumsily trying to block people from seeing what you are doing.

And you could even do dice roll verification if you wanted. Very nice stuff.

All done while my wife and kids blissfully sleep in the other rooms of the house.

Color me intrigued....

No comments:

Post a Comment