Saturday, July 23, 2011

Picking Over the Carcass


I went to Borders with the wife this morning.

RPG Shelf Contents:
1 copy of Vampire the Requiem
2 copies of the Pathfinder Core Book
1 copy of the Pathfinder GM book
A bunch of 4e stuff, including Dark Sun, several modules, and some map tiles.
A few boxed pre-painted mini sets, most of which I already had, the rest I didn't want.

The RPG books were only 10% discounted at this point, so while I was tempted to grab the big fat Pathfinder core book or the 4e Dark Sun setting, both more for source material and inspiration than actual play, then I realized that I could likely pirate both of the books quite easily and it was only 10% off. So I let it ride.

My little boy really got a kick out it though. He really wanted Dark Sun. Almost had a meltdown when I put it back. He's about to turn one year old and the kid already has the taste. It can only get better from here. :)

I spent most of my time deciding on some Adobe books to increase my skills. Being a self-taught person, I am always on the lookout for easy ways to build skills.

I ended up getting Adobe Illustrator CS4: Classroom in a Book and Adobe InDesign CS5 Bible. 20% off, the last of the good books on the programs that were still on the shelf so if I waited until next week for a bigger discount they might have vanished instead.

So I guess I will be skill building in the near future. Stay tuned for some new demo stuff as I get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment