Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Farmville

Hello bloggers!

Topic for today: FarmVille.


Now there's getting to be more of a cult following for FarmVille than there is the Twilight series. I have not come close to having the spare time to check my crops two or three times a day; therefore, I haven't even tried it yet. So I'm not gonna come out and say it's horrible without giving it a try, but I will comment on some things from an outsider's viewpoint.


To me, a person with zero time for this, it seems absolutely ridiculous. My motto for FarmVille is: If I have time to play with an imaginary farm, I have time to do something else. When I was six or seven, I loved roller coaster tycoon and stuff, and I realize that this is like a super hyped up networking version of that, but the time spent on it is unbelievable. Granted, there are many recreational players, but there are even more off the wall, psycho, can't go two hours without making sure they rotate the crops so the soil stays fertile people!


The worst part about it is having to hear people talk about how they just aren't getting enough points from there cranberry crops or they need more sunflower or how they forgot to pick their watermelons. It'd be less annoying if the crops were realistic at all. But if I have to hear someone beg another person to send them a chicken, I might freak out. I told them the story about when I got a chicken for a present when I was around six years old. It grew up super fast and jumped out of the box and ran amok in my garage. It was very inconvenient, and my father wasn't too happy with my aunt. Absolute true story.


So that's my view on FarmVille. Hopefully I won't become addicted when I get some time on my hands to play it. Or hopefully I do. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment