Sunday, June 26, 2011

New Method Coming Together

Here is a new version of the style I showed earlier today. This actually took a lot less time to create than if I had used my previous method. So I think I will be using this basic style (obviously, textures and sprites may change up) going forward.



As you may notice, this is a 8.5x11 image. So that white space can be used for supporting text or other graphics. I think I am going to re-install my ProFantasy software and extract all the PNG sprites for possible use in these kind of maps. Then I could have rubble, debris, furniture, etc.

My big question is...

As a potential consumer of RPG products, is the graphical quality of this piece high enough that it appears to be professional?

Obviously not the best professional, but no longer in the amateur tier. Would you bat an eye at this style in a game book that you paid money for. If you would, I want to know what I can do to improve. If not, it would be nice to hear. I have been working on my mapping skills for over a year now. I would like to feel like I am finally making headway in professional appearance.

Anyone who has seen the fantastic taste vs ability talk on YouTube by Ira Glass knows the kind of internal monologue that one has about stuff you have created. I just want to double-check myself here.

No comments:

Post a Comment